Apple Cider Vinegar
I have a video I made of crock-pot chicken broth online (before I ditched my crock-pot for my vita-clay) and I omitted using the apple cider vinegar in my recipe. A commenter called me out and mentioned that I left out the most important part! The Apple cider vinegar! Oops! That comment was a great lesson for me, as I prize gelatin in my broth so dearly, I forget to even appreciate the minerals that broth contains. The cider vinegar is added to broth to help extract the minerals from the bones into the broth. I rarely miss this step now and have used coconut vinegar in the past as well but my kitchen is always stocked with apple cider vinegar as it is wonderful for so many things.
When buying apple cider vinegar, buy unpasteurized (raw vinegar). Vinegar that is sold with the “mother” is alive and will continue to ferment. Towards that end be prepared to see some long strands or increasing amount of sediment chilling in your vinegar. Apple cider vinegar is a traditional farm house food that is important to our agriculturally minded ancestors, transforming quick to spoil apple cider into vinegar that can be useful for months to come in many ways. Not everyone loves the taste of apple cider vinegar as I do, however even for those who are not in love, even a good splash added to your pot of broth will not be detectable as far as flavor is concerned.
6 Amazing ways of using of Apple Cider Vinegar
1. Drink a tablespoon of cider vinegar in water for a hydrating, detoxifying, blood sugar balancing, refreshing, drink.
2. I also use apple cider vinegar as a rinse for my hair, post shampoo- and it is the only thing thats ever help with my dry itchy scalp.
3. Save a pump top spray bottle and fill with apple cider vinegar to use as a toner post sun exposure to reduce the chance of peeling skin.
4. Make healthy killer salad dressing with apple cider vinegar.
5. Use apple cider vinegar as the base for amazing marinades.
6. Two cups of apple cider vinegar added to a bath is very detoxifying.
© Copyright 2015 Revivalist Kitchen. All rights reserved.